This is an opportunity to work for a growing, dynamic company with a reputation for excellence. You will have the autonomy to complete excellent work your way, in accordance with the company objectives and core values with regular contact and support from the Forensic and Managing Directors.
- Carry out inspections at accident locations (road, factory, building, machine, etc.).
- Photograph the relevant areas and equipment/vehicles.
- Record dimensions and carry out testing as required (e.g., slip assessments, force calculations, light assessments, etc.).
- Research regulations, standards, and guidelines.
- Create a technical report.
- Advise clients on liability.
- Deliver evidence and face cross-examination as an expert witness in court cases.
- Alignment with Rowan Engineering Consultants’ Core Values (see below)
- Excellent ability to communicate with people.
- Confident and composed under pressure.
- Capable of giving evidence in court and dealing with cross-examination.
- Professional, structured, and organised.
- Excellent technical report writing skills.
- Highly motivated with strong attention to detail.
- Proven problem-solving skills.
Qualifications & Experience
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Hold an NFQ Level 8, 9, or 10 qualification (degree, master’s, or doctorate) in Engineering (Civil, Mechanical, Industrial, Electrical, or Fire).
- Chartered Engineer.
- At least 10 years of postgraduate experience
- Experience in some of the following disciplines:
- Forensic engineering
- Providing expert witness testimony in court
- Road construction and repair
- Road traffic accident collision analysis
- Road safety audits
- Building Construction
- Structural engineering
- Mechanical engineering
- Electrical engineering
- Forensic fire investigations
- Industrial machinery
- Health and Safety
- Manual handling/ergonomics
- Hold a full driving licence and own transport.
- Experience in Forensic Engineering is highly desirable
Rowan Engineering Consultants’ Core Values:
- Balance and sense of humour.
- Collaboration and partnership with the team and customers.
- Competitive long-term salary and performance-related bonus.
- Travel expenses.
- A generous company donation to a charity of your choice.
- Contributory pension, after 2 years’ service.
- Company-funded life insurance.
- Hybrid working option (2/3 days in office and off-site and remote working).
- 21 days’ annual leave in addition to public holidays.