EPA Licensing Services:

  • Industrial Emissions (IE) Licensing
  • Integrated Pollution Control (IPC) Licence
  • Waste Licensing
  • IE, IPC & Waste License Management
  • Wastewater Discharge Licensing
  • Waste Facility & Collection Permits
  • Environmental Liability & Risk Assessments (ELRA)
  • Environmental Audits
  • Bund Assessments

Rowan Team Experience:

  • Food & Drink Industry
  • Manufacturing Industry
  • Pharmaceutical Industry
  • Waste Industry
  • Construction Companies
  • Extractive Industries

Integrated Pollution Control (IPC)/ Industrial Emissions (IE) Licensing

Rowan can compile all the necessary information required for an Integrated Pollution Control (IPC) or an Industrial Emissions (IE) Licence Application/Review Application, including all technical drawings, completion of forms, technical environmental assessment reports, correspond with the EPA on your behalf, submission of the final documentation and assistance with your future IPC/IE Licence compliance. In the event that an EIA is required by the EPA, it would be developed in line with European Directive 2014/52/EU and the Planning and Development (EIA) Regulations 2018 (S.I. No. 296 of 2018).

Environmental Compliance Auditing

Rowan has experienced and qualified environmental auditors, that can evaluate/ audit any licensed or permitted facility to assess environmental compliance and management systems against site specific standards or regulatory permissions. Our services at Rowan include a thorough gap analysis for clients, assessing environmental performance and management systems in line with legal obligations and standards like ISO14001. Furthermore, we aid clients in establishing methods to ensure compliance and assess environmental performance.

Local Authority Licensing:

Rowan can assist you to achieve your environmental and sustainability ambitions and obligations. Rowan offer specialist environmental advice for Local Authority Certificate of Registration (CoR) and Wate Facility Permit applications. We can assist you throughout the entire licensing process, from initial discussions, completion of application forms and appendices, completion of necessary environmental assessments and submission of the final documentation. We also have the expertise to implement, manage and assist you to comply with your COR / Waste Facility Permit.

Waste Licensing

Rowan can compile all the necessary information required for a Waste Licence Application or Review application, including all technical drawings, completion of forms, technical environmental assessment reports, correspond with the EPA on your behalf and submission of the final application documentation. In addition, Rowan can assist with objections to proposed Waste Licences and assist you with future Waste Licence compliance.

Environmental Liability and Risk Assessment (ELRA)

Some Local Authority / EPA licensed facilities are required to conduct an Environmental Liability and Risk Assessment (ELRA) as part of their licence compliance and to review and update every 3 years. An ELRA considers the known environmental risks for unplanned events occurring during the operation of the facility. Rowan can ensure that your company is prepared for the updated ELRA requirements and can assist you in preparing future ELRA reports.

Trade Effluent

Trade Effluent is any liquid waste (other than domestic wastewater and storm water) that is discharged from a business premises to the public sewers. You must have a Trade Effluent Licence to discharge trade effluent to the sewer. Trade effluent discharges to sewer are regulated by Uisce Éireann or the EPA. You must have a trade effluent licence or an EPA licence to discharge trade effluent to the sewer. The type and scale of activity will determine the regulatory authority responsible for licensing the trade effluent discharged to the sewer. Rowan has experienced and qualified environmental scientists who can liaise with Uisce Éireann and assist you through the application process.

Bund Assessments

Bund integrity testing is essential because the purpose of a bund is to provide containment for tanks or drums in the case of a leak. It is therefore important that bund integrity testing is carried out before a bund enters service and then assessed for integrity on a regular basis thereafter.

The specific method for testing in-service bunds varies based on regulatory guidelines. In Ireland, the EPA generally favours hydrostatic testing for integrity assessment, unless safety or practical concerns exist, in which case a visual inspection by a Chartered Engineer may be conducted. Rowan can assist with both hydrostatic and visual inspections.

Environmental Noise Monitoring

Environmental noise is ‘unwanted sound’ arising from all areas of human activity such as noise from transport, industrial and recreational activities.

Rowan has experienced and qualified environmental noise consultants who can complete full Environmental Noise Monitoring Surveys, to ensure compliance with EPA /Local Authority Licence limits.

Rowan can also assist with developing Noise Monitoring Programmes, in compliance with Environmental Protection Agency and Local Authority requirements, to reduce and eliminate noise pollution.

Nutrient Management Plans (NMP)

Nutrient Management Plans (NMP) are a key component in managing organic fertilisers (e.g. slurries, wastewater treatment plant sludges, paunch) from EPA licensed sites, Local Authority licensed sites and farms to ensure optimal crop yields for farmers and environmental protection. The application of organic fertilisers replaces the need for farmers to use chemical fertilisers on land. The landspreading of organic fertilisers is governed by the European Communities (Good Agricultural Practice for the Protection of Waters) Regulation 2017 (S.I. 605 of 2017).

Rowan can carry out soil sampling, using appropriate accredited soil laboratory facilities and compile a detailed NMP, which provides information on fertilisers, soil analysis and crop requirements.

Rowan can create detailed mapping using ArcGIS software to visually display the useable landspreading areas of landbanks and show the various buffer zones where the landspreading should be avoided.