This is an opportunity to work for an ambitious, growing, dynamic company with an excellent reputation.
Experienced Senior Environmental Planning/ EIAR Consultant based in Trim, Co Meath or Oranmore, Co Galway, working on projects of varying scale and type in the areas of renewable energy, construction and EPA licensed sites.
The ideal candidate will have an excellent understanding of the scope of work involved in environmental planning system in Ireland, particularly with respect to the renewable energy sectors and food and drink sector.
You will have the autonomy to complete excellent work your way, in accordance with the company objectives and core values. There will be regular contact and support from the Environmental and Managing Directors.
The required candidate must have the following knowledge and attributes:
- A third level qualification (Degree/Masters) in environmental science or related discipline
- Experience working in the Irish environmental and planning legislative contexts;
- Experience in scoping, drafting and technically reviewing an EIAR ready for planning submission,
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills;
- Highly motivated individual with strong attention to detail;
- Ability to project manage multi-disciplinary teams and multiple projects simultaneously;
- Be self-motivated and solution driven;
- 8+ years relevant experience preferred,
- A full clean drivers’ licence.
The candidate must be able to demonstrate excellence in delivery in several of the following areas:
- Environmental Impact Assessment Reports (EIAR) – report writing and co-ordination;
- Management of planning applications & undertaking pre-application consultation with local authorities;
- Project management experience to deliver projects to a high quality on time & within budget.
Required Outcomes (Alignment with Rowan Core Values)
- Get on with our team
- Personable – build a strong rapport with our clients, peers & authorities on-site & on-phone;
- Understand & value our client’s needs;
- Direct our clients through the job process;
- Deliver projects in an efficient and timely manner;
- Maintain credibility & integrity with clients, peers & authorities;
- Identify the key facts, core problems & potential solutions on each job;
- Create a brilliant, clear, concise report that details the relevant facts & opinions; and
- Finish a job with a satisfied client that believes we exceeded their expectations and delivered value for their money.
To apply, please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org